At the end of this course students have profound knowledge on:|
complex molecular mechanisms that underlie the cell biological areas of membrane traffic, cytoskeleton and cell division
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
1. Read research articles critically
2. Analyse the research goal
3. Analyse and discuss the research questions & approach
4. Explain the molecular or technical background of advanced research methods in cell biology
5. Explain the suitability of a defined advanced research method for addressing a research question in cell biology
6. Discuss the essential steps in research design
7. Prepare a consise written research proposal
8. Discuss and present the research proposal in the group
Description of content|
Four teachers will describe their research and discuss 4 topics. In teams of 4 students they work in collaborative setting for one week to write a consise research proposal that will be reviewed by panel of teachers.
This course will:
1) deepen knowledge on mechanistic membrane processes of cell biology (membrane traffic, cytoskeleton, signaling) in a research based manner. The students should acquire and use what they know of Cell Biology to address scientific questions experimentally.
2) expose you to in-depth theory of cutting-edge techniques like Organoid cultures and CRISPR-Cas9 gene-editing.
3) teach you to think creatively and scientifically through the writing of a research proposal.
Literature/study material used:
Several research papers and reviews provided by teachers
Mandatory for students in Master’s programme: NO.
Optional for students in other Master’s programmes GS-LS: NO