Research Project CPS
The grade is based on the skills of the practical work (60%), on the research report (30%), and on the oral presentation of the work (10%).
The student can choose a research project of choice within the scope of the CPS program. The research project consist of at least the following elements; practical work, writing a research report, and presenting the project and the results orally in the research group. Further, the student will likely contribute to several group meetings of the research group and other common research activities. Projects can be chosen in Utrecht, within the Departments of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology and Chemistry, and the Faculties of Medicine (UMCU) and Veterinary Medicine.
During the course of the research project, 5 obligatory meetings will be planned, mostly very 4 weeks at Friday (exact dates will be announced at Blackboard). Topics are e.g. presenting the research plans, presenting data of a relevant review article, learning how to write a good research report in English, present your results either orally or by a research poster.
Other important issues regarding the research project:
· The research project can be performed only in periods 3 and 4 of each study year (i.e. from February to July).
· The student should have passed successfully FA-CPS101, 102, 103, 211/212/213, and 221/222/223.
· “Application form Research Project CPS” can be downloaded from blackboard.
· Deadline for sending the application is each year at December 15th.
· The proposal for the research project should be approved prior to the start in February, by 1) the coordinator (Mw. Dr. M. Slijper) and 2) by the Board of Examiners. Otherwise the student is not authorized to perform the project.
Mw. Dr. M. Slijper, email: M.Slijper@uu.nl