After completing this course the student:
- Understands the concept of risk assessment
- Understands the concept of source attribution (in food safety)
- Is acquainted with different modeling approaches within risk assessment (in pathogens in the environment)
- Is acquainted with several current issues in food safety and pathogens in the environment
- Understands how the discussed issues are handled in science ánd in practice/business.
Period (from-till): 2 - 6 September 2019|
Course coordinator: Prof. Jaap Wagenaar
The aim of this course is to give insight in the risk assessment process in one health topics such as food safety and pathogens in the environment.
Literature/study material used:
You can register for this course via Osiris Student. More information about the registration procedure can be found here on the Studyguide.
Mandatory for students in own Master’s programme:
Yes, ONEH students.
Optional for students in other GSLS Master’s programme:
Students should have a BSc in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or any other relevant BSc in a Life Sciences field.