After completing the course the student:
- Is able to participate in a multidisciplinary research environment
- Has laid the basis for a network within the Medical Imaging community
- Can conduct a literature research, using scientific secure literature databases (e.g. PubMed)
- Can address a research question and develop a strategy to solve the problem at hand
- Can present and defend a research question in front of peers
Period (from – till): 3 September 2018 - 19 April 2019
Course coordinator: Dr. Hugo Kuijf
Dr. Hugo Kuijf, UMC Utrecht/Imaging Division, lecturer
Renée Allebrandi, MA (course registration)
This course, which runs over three periods of the academic year, will pose a challenging medical imaging problem that will be addressed by teams composed of students from Utrecht and Eindhoven. Over the course period, teams will first perform a literature study, and subsequently work on a strategy for solving the problem at hand, using their knowledge in image acquisition physics and image analysis. At the end of the course, all teams will present their work.
Literature/study material used
At least 2 weeks before start of the course via the Study guide
Yes, for MIMG students.
Optional for students in other GSLS Master’s programme: