Leerdoelen voor de cursus
At the end of the course, you will have a profound understanding of:
- the core concept of bio-inspired design at the systems level
- have a basic understanding of the bio-inspired design process
- the intricacies that come with multi-disciplinary collaboration
At the end of the course you are able to:
- develop a design brief that can inform an innovation team
- apply specific nature-inspired design techniques to a system design assignment, and use the results to develop a system solution
- critically reflect on the method and techniques used.
Furthermore, you will practice to:
- connect disciplines and supersede these through integration
In this course, you will learn how to design (parts of) a system using bio-inspired design methods & techniques.
You will receive workshops to practice the use of bio-inspired techniques and apply these to a specific design case.
We will offer a set of pre-defined cases to which you can subscribe in the first meeting.
You will work together in groups of about 4 people with different educational backgrounds.
Over the course we will pay attention to:
- Applying a Biomimicry design Cycle, from design brief to concept design.
- Nature-insipired techniques for design and evaluation of design, including design principles, roadmapping, circular BMC and surroundings scan.