The learning goals for this course are:
The course premaster thesis is the final course of the premaster for one of the two ISS master programs.
1) learning to conduct research and collect data
2) learning to reflect on the process of datacollection and to report on this
3) learning to analyze collected data
4) learning to reflect on the important conclusions of the research
5) learning to write the results and discussion section of a scientific article
5a) use feedback of supervisor and peers to improve written assignments
5b) give feedback on the written assignments of peers
6) communicate on knowledge and expertise in wirtten assignments
7) learning to reflect on ethical issues in conducting and reporting research
Students will learn to implement methodological knowledge and skills on collected data. They will collect and analyze qualitative or quantitative data. Students can use the introduction and method sections that they have written in the course Academic Writing (block 2) as a basis, provided that these sections received a satisfactory grade.
Students will report on their research in the datacollection report and the research report. They will demonstrate their ability to study, analyze and use scientific literature; analzye data; report results and critically reflect on their findings in the light of earlier theory and research.