Thee learning objectives of this course are
- to learn about scientific research in general
- to learn about the most common research methods used in Computing Science
- to increase practice with working in teams
- to increase practice with scientific reporting
- to learn to find and judge scientific publications
- to learn more about the Computing Science master program
- to get to know your fellow COSC students
- assignments (80% of the final mark)
- exam (20%).
A repair test requires at least a 4 for the original test.
In this course, students will learn various methodical aspects of executing and presenting research in computing sciences, including obtaining information on how science is performed, how relevant scientific literature can be found, how to write a scientific paper, and more.
The course will exist of a number of practical assignments, some of the lectures have obligatory presence.