Data Science has applications in almost all corners of society. By showcasing a wide variety of applied data science projects, the student engages with and becomes familiar with the future labor market.|
The colloquium enables students to develop knowledge of the wide variety of data science applications, to become aware of different companies and their actual challenges with data practices, and to learn from practitioners about challenges and opportunities in a career of data science.
Some of the objectives of the practice colloquium are the following:
- Understand the application areas of data science
- Understand the challenges of data analytics
- Understand and develop the sought-after skills of a data scientist
- Become aware of the hottest topics in data science
- Become aware of the skills and technologies that you need to know to be a data science professional
Attendance is mandatory.
Moreover, you have to write a brief report (of 500) words explaining which talks were interesting and why, and which talks you thought were missing.
The Data Science practice colloquium is a series of meetings, organized throughout blocks 1 to 3.|
The meetings alternate bi-weekly with the INFOMDSEC Data science ethics colloquium series.
a) lectures and presentation by external partners about applied data science
b) assignments for self-study or group work.
The precise schedule will be communicated in time.
Occasionally papers may be assigned to be read before the lecture.